Thursday, March 8, 2012

Look who's a big boy now!

There is an episode of Seinfield where right before summer begins George loses his job again, and unexpectedly gets a nice severance check. He stands up proudly and exclaims "this will be the summer of George!" Well this is going to be the "summer of Kristi!" Liam is officially potty trained. We had to get through some crying, whining, and a few screaming sessions but, I got myself together and we successfully accomplished the process. Anyone who reads this blog knows Liam has always been a bit of a challenge to me, so because he is actually doing it with no accidents I still get so excited each time. Josh is probably getting tired of hearing how many times a day his son goes to the bathroom. I just can't believe we get to go through this summer without diapers.
Here are a few things I observed along the way. First, why do tightie whities look so adorable on little boys? They sure do lose their cuteness as the years go on. Second, as soon as a boy learns he can aim, he does so everywhere except where he is suppose to. That also loses its cuteness as the years go on. Lastly, I don't understand how going #2 makes kids want to talk so much. I sit there with a smile like any other mother would, because I would rather hear what they have to say than change the diaper of an almost 4 year old.
I am hoping this will prompt me to change the name of this blog but only time will tell that.

No comments:

Post a Comment